The Bike Ride to the Golden Gate Bridge

    "Oh I just can't wait to go biking," said my friend Alex. "Girl you need to chill," I replied. "We came from Georgia all the way to California to do this," said Alex. "Here girls we have Tandem bike ready," said one of the guys from the bike rental place. "I call the front," said Alex as she darted towards the bike. "Alright, you girls should take a test drive on the Tandem bike," said my dad. 


    "I am going to ride this bike in speed," said Alex. "Oh brother we haven't ever ridden a Tandem bike before shouldn't we go slow at first," I said. "Alright Ms. Serious I'll go slow at first," replied Alex. As we started pedaling our bike and we completely got out of hand. The bike started turning left and right when we were supposed to stay straight it was like the bike was trying to fight against us or it had a mind of its own. "Girls I think you both should get an individual bike because apparently, your bike is fighting with you," said my dad. 

   
    As we both got our individual bikes we rode up to my little sister who was on a tagalong bike with my dad. "You guys looked ridiculous on that tandem bike," said my little sister laughing her head off. Alex and I just laughed along with my sister. Alright, I think we are all ready now just remember it is a 2hour bike ride to the Golden Gate Bridge,'' said my dad. Once we got on the street I felt like all the cars are not even going to pay attention to us. My heart started racing the car engines started roaring and I just peddled as fast as I could

   
    Finally, we got onto a gorgeous scenic route away from to roaring engines of the cars. "This is so relaxing," I said to Alex. "Hayleigh concentrate we have to win," replied Alex. "You know this is not a race," I said to Alex. "Then what are we doing this for," said Alex. "To go see Sausalito and the Golden Gate Bridge," I replied. "Oh I had the wrong idea the whole entire time," said Alex.

    
    "Hayleigh look at that hill," said Alex. "Oh my," I replied. I and Alex peddled and peddled up the mountain until our feet refused to peddle anymore. "Let's walk the rest of the way up," said my dad. I just nodded in agreement. Once we reached the top I felt like I just walked up Mount Everest with a bike on my shoulder. The next hour was a calm ride by the lake. I could see The golden gate bridge more clearly than I was able to do before. 

    
    "Here were are the Golden Gate Bridge," said my dad. "It's so crowded with tourist," replied Alex. When we got on the Golden Gate Bridge I felt like I am going to crash into someone. All the tourist were walking on the biking lane and we just kept ringing are bell but they won't listen. But other than that the view was great. 

    
   
Once we got off the Golden Gate bridge it was all downhill to Sausalito. "I am starving," said my sister. "I am too," Alex replied. We walked around for awhile until we found a restaurant called  "Taste of Roam". I felt like that was the best Italian food I have ever had. "Hey, can we ride our way back to San Francisco," said my little sister. We all laughed in disagreement.       

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Follow your Heart

Biggest Challenges Immigrants Face in the United States

What the World Gains from Optimism